Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Blog Post 8

Richard Miller
Miller was talking about how writing can be in more of a creative way. There will be new ways of telling stories and getting information out. He believes it is fundamentally different. This kind of technology doesn't bother me when I think about applying it to elementary students. It's a way to get their creativity out. I wouldn't solely rely on this for my students for them to develop writing skills but I would definitely use it as a project.

Carly Pugh
Carly was talking about how she was being lazy and that was unusual for her. But they she decided to do her blog post. She quickly got excited because she realized she could right about anything she wanted to. She was talking about her approaches when she becomes a teacher. I think Carly did come really close to Dr. Miller's thoughts on multimedia technology.

Chipper Series and EDM for Dummies
In the Chipper Series it was about a girl who was in Dr. Strange's class and she didn't like his teaching ways. So she drops out of school and starts her own school, it was a fail. She gets a job as a teacher but ends up getting fired because she didn't show up for work. Then she became a server Waitress and that didn't work out. Her next jobs were being a nanny and a garbage collector. All in all, she goes back to school to get her masters degree. EDM for Dummies is like a commercial that has students that are going crazy before they had got EDM310 for Dummies, the book. After they got the book, their life was so much better.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn
I don't believe that they were "attacking" the way that we know of schooling today. I think they were gently telling us that the work is changing and new technologies are forming out there. They were saying that we, as educators, need to be aware of what is going on and be able to apply that to the classroom. What also was said is that school is one form of learning but so are our communities, libraries, and internet. I like that this was said but it's not forgetting that teachers need to teach. Nowadays, teachers don't even teach and I think they are losing their credibility this way.

Scavenger Hunt
Emdodo could help me connect to parents and also other teachers and allow them to talk to me whenever. It's like facebook but more with more class.
The link for my poll is http://www.polleverywhere.com/multiple_choice_polls/6sWwUvIRLDxvQ43
The link for my comic is http://www.makebeliefscomix.com/Comix/?comix_id=8770580C938026

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jasmine! I also chose Edmodo for the social networking educational site. I really like the way it is set up. It is similar to facebook and allows you to post assignments, alerts, and simple notes to the feed which then notifies parents, other teachers, and/or students. This, I believe, will be very useful in both of our future careers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make your links work.

    Your summaries were very brief. Maybe I assigned too much for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jasmine, I did not choose edmodo as the social network educational site. But, if it is like Facebook and you are able to post assignments, etc., then maybe it is worth a second look. Great post, keep up the goo work!

    ReplyDelete