Monday, April 1, 2013

Blog Post 11

Ms. Cassidy

This first video was about how first grades use technology. They are learning how to use the internet and how to blog. They mention that each time that they blog they get better and better at writing. One of the first graders talked about what to say when commenting on someone else's blog. They also use smartboards for interactive learning and more hands-on learning. As for further learning and ideas, they will look up thing on wiki or other web pages. They use skype to talk to other children from other classrooms to help them understand anything they are confused about. I know that it usually seems that I am completely against technologies but I'm really not. I just don't believe it is right for technology to take the place of a teacher. With that being said, I wouldn't be totally against having my students blog. That would be one of the technologies that I would use in my classroom that Ms. Cassidy talked about in her skype video. It would be a way for them to express themselves or like Ms. Cassidy's first graders, it could improve their writing skills. It would also show them how to look things up on the internet.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jasmine!
    I loved seeing these first graders working with technology in the classroom. It really was a shock to see how well they were using everything. I enjoyed reading through the rest of your blog! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I just don't believe it is right for technology to take the place of a teacher." Ah...

    Did you do the Skype interview?

    ReplyDelete