Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Blog Post 3

Peer Review
The video and slideshow was very informing. Although I have learned about peer reviewing throughout high school and in English classes from South, the video was a refreshment for me. What I learn from the video and slideshow was to always be positive when critiquing others because after all, I wouldn't want someone to be rude to me. When peer reviewing, you should be specific so your peer knows what you're talking about. It's important to stick to grammatical errors that the writer did and the clarity of the writing.
For my C4C, that classmate that I was assigned, I really liked her stance that she made. She made it very clear on where she stood on her opinion about the videos. The only grammatical errors I found was that she didn't capitalize "I." I would chose to comment on the blog publicly. The blog is publicly so I don't see why correcting it in the public would be any different.

comic strip

Assistive Technologies
Wow. Technology is so amazing. I was completely mind blown after watching those videos. I honestly did not want them to end. I learned so much that I didn't even know about. I never really realized that math would be an issue for someone that is blind, actually, it never even crossed my mind. I think it's amazing that people are out there coming up with solutions to help people who are blind learn. The only problem that I could see arising is that it is time consuming to scan each letter and check to make sure they are all lined up.
If I had a blind student in my class, I would try my best to accommodate him or her. Hopefully, I would be able to get a mountbatten so I first of all, learn how to use it and secondly, be able to help my student out as best as I can. Technology is advancing so rapidly and I love it for basically these reasons alone. It can help out so many different people around the world. When doing the questionnaire, I put that I didn't know what an iBook was and after watching the video about the iPad, I am informed. I would raise money to get iPads in my classroom so everyone can learn from it not just the blind students.

Vicki Davis
Vicki Davis' video on harness your students' digital smarts is showing people how much technology can be used in the classroom. Vicki Davis shows her students how to properly blog, create different websites, and to connect to people all around the world. She believes the students can't learn by just simply using a pen and paper. She teaches her students how to work new software and how to collaborate with other students. She wants all of her students to be comfortable with any technology that comes their way. She also wants her students to know how to research well by looking up words that they don't know. I love that Mrs. Davis wants to show her students new ways to use software. With the advancing world, I think that is a wonderful thing for her to do. I think her making her students look up words that they don't know will help them in the future when they have research projects.

2 comments:

  1. "The video and slideshow was very informing." If you have a plural subject, which you do, your verb must be plural as well: were, not was.

    "...the video was a refreshment for me." A refreshment? Like sweet tea? I think you mean was refreshing to me.

    Thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is very good. Raising money for multiple iPads besides just for a blind student is a great idea. I have an iPad and I may have discovered only about 10% of what is is capable of doing. This whole technology thing is overwhelming but you seem to be using it very well. You are very up to date on our assignments. You must be managing your time very well.

    ReplyDelete