Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Special Blog Post 1

WolframAlpha Search
The WolframAlpha search proved that the United States population is much lower than China's and India's. China's population is 1.35 billion, India's population is 1.21 billion people, and the United States population is 209 million. My next search was the comparison of the number of cell phones used in the United States and in China. My results were that based in 2011, China used 968.3 million cell phones and the United States used 331.6 million cell phones. My last search was the comparison in infant birth rate to the United States to the infant birth rates in Canada. My results were the United States have 4.29 million infants a year and Canada have 335216 infants a year, these results are based on a 2008 data search. Using the WolframAlpha Search can help not only myself but my students too because it can help compare different things throughout the world. Compare different countries, see how different each country is, and how each country lives. It can also help by showing how much the United States has changed in the past 5 years.

Gary Hayes Social Media Count
In Gary Hayes Social Media Count, it showed the many different social, mobile, games, ect., numbers that are constantly moving. For example, it showed how many likes and comments were being posted to Facebook every second, or the number of app being downloaded every second. Watching those number move so fast put reality on how fast the world is moving. I already knew that the world was moving fast but I never realized how fast it is actually moving. For me and my professional career, it shows me that all the technologies and gadgets I use now may not be available or may be outdated by the time I'm a teacher. Or that the techniques that my teachers used to teach me, will probably not work for my future students.

word count

No comments:

Post a Comment